I love to hear the inspiring powerful presence you have. Keep up the amazing work, women need you!
~ Lisa Nichols
It was a breath of fresh air. I began to realize that the freedom I felt/experienced on the coaching call was something I was created to enjoy and able to have in my life on a daily basis.
~ Chantel C.
Vasavi has a compassionate and caring style of coaching with the perfect level of toughness that allowed me to push myself toward my intended outcomes.
~ Melissa R.
I’ve been extremely successful in many areas of my life.
- I’m Ivy League educated (every Indian parent’s dream). I hold dual master’s degrees from Hofstra University (Special Education) and Columbia University (Social Work).
- I’m the daughter of Indian immigrant parents which is pretty huge (just ask any Brown person you know 🙂
- I’m a vegetarian chef. I’m a graduate of The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts in Austin, TX, where I pursued my lifelong dream of nourishing people’s bodies and minds. My dad and I competed in The Food Network’s Food Truck Face Off, strutting our skills and working our butts off to create yummy Indian edibles from love. It was not only fun, it solidified my desire to bring food into the “delicious living” conversation.
- I’m an Ayurveda enthusiast. I spent two months in India to return to my roots and study Ayurveda Therapy and Nutrition. I now incorporate facets of Ayurveda into my way of life and it’s another valuable modality that I use to help heal myself and those around me.
- I’m a best-selling author. My book, a collaboration with Sandra Yancey, Marcia Wieder, Lisa Sasevich and Lisa Nichols, called Succeeding in Spite of Everything, is a best-seller. I also have blogged and written for some of the coolest sites on the cyber web.
- I’ve been on countless podcasts. I absolutely love using my voice to help inspire others. If you google “Vasavi Kumar podcast interview” you’ll find a ton of shows that I’ve been on
- I’m regularly seen on TV. I was on VH1’s Basketball Wives, was the resident “Keeping It Real Guru” on Kansas City Live, where I answered viewers’ questions on topics like the stuff that holds them back or how to deal with mean people. I love answering all the juicy questions! I’m also on Good Day Austin from time to time (where I now live)
- I’m a former radio show host. My show, Deep Talk, featured some of today’s most celebrated and respected leaders. I have had the honor and pleasure of interviewing change agents like John Gray, Neale Donald Walsch, Ali Brown, Lisa Nichols, and Sonia Choquette.
My life is one where I’m satisfied (most of the time). People instantly trust me which is by far one of the greatest gifts I can give to someone. I have made a living doing meaningful work that I’m good at, and I truly believe I can do anything.
There’s a secret to my outward and inward success. Many of our favorite celebrities, artists, and singers share this secret, but not many people will ever come out and talk about it.
One thing though
You can’t learn it but you may have experienced it personally or might already have some form of it.
Today is my birthday and I’m officially 35!!
To be honest, I’ve been kind of down because there are so many thoughts surrounding where I “should” be by now.
But then I got out of my own head and asked myself, “Why did God give me life?”
To better the lives of those around me.
The same goes for you.
Sometimes, we can get so wrapped up in “Me, Me, Me” that we forgot WHY we’ve all been given this beautiful thing called life.
So I decided to do something a little different this year for my birthday.
In addition to the few self-care gifts I’m giving to myself, I decided to make PBJ sandwiches, along with bananas, and bottles of water to pass out to the homeless in downtown Austin.
My point isn’t draw attention to my act of feeding,
My point is to highlight that even when you’re feeling down in the dumps, you can easily lift yourself back up by helping those in need.
If you’re ever questioned your existence or belonging in this vast Universe, know that in any given moment, there is someone out there that could benefit from interacting with you.
But YOU have to remember that your life has value.
Personally, I love to feed others. But it can be as simple as a smile, a wave, eye contact, saying hello, and flat out being KIND to everyone you encounter.
This isn’t about feeling crappy and then giving back. Although that can definitely be a happiness booster.
Pick a day. Hell, make it everyday. Commit to sharing your value with others. Keep it simple. Kindness is contagious.
I hope this helps. I hope you remember that your life is precious, and mostly, I hope you remember that you have the power to feel good with one simple act of kindness.
Today I was on Good Day Austin sharing tips on how to detox from your digital devices.
You may not know this about me but when I was a kid I used to stutter. In fact, I still struggle with it but I have learned how to manage it and speak with confidence no matter what situation I am in.
I speak with a lot of people who are looking to grow their personal brand and get their message out there.
It takes, hustle, confidence, and a certain level of grit to be able to say “HELLO WORLD HERE I AM.”
If you want to learn how to position yourself so that media outlets want YOU and your message then look no further than right here. Since 2010 I have been putting myself out there shamelessly because I truly believe in what I stand for:
That you can do, be, and have anything that you want as long as as you are willing to work for it.
Watch my segment here>> http://www.fox7austin.com/good-day/255219662-video
And if you have a message that you want to be crystallized so you can put yourself out there set up a 60 min session with me here>> www.calendly.com/vasavikumar/60min
I’ll also be sharing my exact tips on how to pitch yourself in a way that isn’t slimy, fake, or sleazy.
Do you know you have a message that could give hope to others?
Are you a service based entrepreneur looking to share your story and increase your impact on this planet?
Have you been so busy serving others that you haven’t taken the time out to work ON your business?
If so, the Spring Equinox workshop is for you.
Most of us become entrepreneurs because we believe that anything is possible.
We have dreams, desires, and hopes to do, be, and have anything in our lives.
But then life happens. And we get so caught up in the day to day that we forget that without a proper plan and strategy, our businesses do not get the attention that it deserves.