ABOUT VASAVI KUMAR
I’ve been known to cut straight to the chase. Basically, I really don’t enjoy small talk at all. However, before I completely scare you away with all the “deep” stuff about myself, here are a few things about me that you wouldn’t know simply by looking at me:
- My first love is my Golden Retriever, Laney.
- I don’t want to have children. I would rather put all focus and energy on being the best version of myself.
- I’m a grateful recovering addict and alcoholic. MY recovery and sobriety comes before anything.
- I love coffee ice cream.
- I was raised a vegetarian for religious reasons and remain so for moral reasons.
- My favorite fast food is Taco Bell. You can literally get anything off the menu. Just sub refried beans. I usually need about 20 Mild sauce packets. Unfortunately I have acid reflux so I can rarely eat it (sad face).
- I will tell the truth even if it hurts.
- 99.9% of the time I give my leftovers to the homeless when I’m at a red light.
- I’m obsessed with facial hair removal. Eyebrows make or break me.
- I always ask my server their first name..
- Deep breathing helps me stop racing thoughts. I highly recommend it.
- It’s hard for me to get out of bed in the morning.
- Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg is my favorite album. #7 is EVERYTHING. Look it up.
I don’t believe in good or bad luck. Hence, why I don’t care that I ended on #13.
Ok now that we got that out of the way.
My biggest flaw is my greatest asset. I have no filter. Growing up, I was always the one that would call out the elephant in the room. Often times I would just sit and wonder, “Is any of this even real?” It was as if I just knew what everyone around me was thinking, but was too afraid to say it out loud. I got yelled at. A lot. I grew up in an Indian Hindu immigrant household. My traditional upbringing has made into the person that I am today- never fully satisfied. And while I’m grateful for this work ethic that has been instilled in me, I’ve learned that my insatiable wanting for “more” has now led me down a path of wanting less.
This isn’t to say I settle in life. Absolutely not. I’m just crystal clear on what my are priorities in life are. I have no room for bullshit, drama, or toxic people in my life. But in order for me to have gotten to this place, I had to and continue to have be rigorously honest about the way I treat myself and those around me.
I used to be addicted to pain, chaos, and drama. I guess it’s where I felt most alive. I think differently now.
For those of you who need to know all the “stuff on paper” that makes me credible here you go.
But know this, the letters after my name did not make me who I am. Through my own falling down, doubting myself, being extremely insecure, and also having ultimate faith in myself, I’m a walking contradiction. I would love to say that I am at “one” with myself but that’s far from the truth. I have moments of oneness, but life for me is pretty much the fleeting moments of absolute certainty, and waves of doubt. What keeps me going is my unshakeable faith and belief in myself and my Higher Power
What gives me immense pleasure is the look on someone’s face when they realize that the only thing that’s holding them back is themselves. I believe then when you know yourself you can do anything.
That’s me in a nutshell. If you want the unfiltered version(s) then you check out some of my podcast interviews here.
Photography on this page by Jenny Wheat.