May 10th, 2018
These past few weeks I have been full on Miss Green Thumb.
Now that may not seem like a big deal, but I have never bought and kept a plant alive..
Honestly, I didn’t think I got actually garden.
When I first walked into Lowes’ I was like, “Whoa. This place is huge and I have no idea what I’m doing here.”
If this was a year ago, prior to me going to rehab and turning my world upside down and SLOWING DOWN– I would have never taken up my new hobby of gardening. But I think me taking on a new morning routine has definitely helped with giving me more energy to try new things.
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to come up with a morning routine that works FOR ME and that’s still rooted in my Indian roots.
Do you struggle with your mornings? (click to tweet)
I know I do. Literally, if one thing goes wrong I AM SCREWED.
This past year, I have come up with a system (i love systems) that works for me in the morning.
And, I wanted to share it with you.
Please note that many of my “strategies” for having a good morning is rooted in ancient Ayurveda principles. I promise you this won’t be hard if you do choose to incorporate these strategies in your daily routine.
I don’t do complicated.
For me, the more simple and practical something is– the more likely I am to make it a habit. (click to tweet)
So what does my daily morning routine look like:
- Wake up
- Say Thank You to God
- Turn on my hot water kettle
- Brush my teeth
- Scrape my tongue. Amazon has great copper tongue scrapers.
- Splash room temperature on my eyes and face
- Poop. (Skip to step #8 if you don’t poop first thing in the morning)
- Drink warm water with a squeeze of lemon
- Let it sit for a little until you feel the “urge” (I can’t emphasize enough the need to BE FOCUSED as you eliminate your bowels. This means NO PHONES while in the bathroom 🙂
- Warm up my sesame oil on the stove. If I can’t get my hands on oil from India, I order my oils from Banyan Botanicals. They are the closest product to the “real thing.” Vasavi-approved.
- Massage my entire body
- Sit for 15 minutes
- Go to either a yoga, spin, or dance class
This may seem like a lot, but it’s not.
The focus here isn’t so much on the actual routine, but the time that you are taking to focus on YOU.
Of course all the things I listed above are super important. But you want to know what has made the biggest difference for me?
That I actually take the time out to do these things for myself because they make me feel my best.
Don’t you want to feel your best?
I know you do.
Three immediate action steps I can recommend:
- Sign up for something that you have been wanting to do. Create the time for it. I mean it.
- If you are interested in learning more about your Ayurveda Dosha (or type) get my book, The Way of Ayurveda: Stop Dieting, Start Living here: www.vasavikumar.com/ayurvedabook
- Work with me to create your ideal morning routine. I promise you it will be simple, practical and most importantly—DO-ABLE. You can sign up for your time with me here: www.calendly.com/vasavi/let-s-chat–I’ll email you with times to talk as soon as I receive confirmation. Also, you’re not limited to just focusing on your morning routines. We can talk about whatever your heart desires 🙂
Any questions about morning routines? Just comment below and I’ll write back.