February 22nd, 2016
How do you know if you really like someone? Or more than that– if you trust them?
Personally, it boils down to two things:
1. How comfortable are they in their own skin? Do they get all weird and insecure so much so that it starts to make me feel all uncomfortable just being around them?
2. Are they real? Are they open? Or are they wearing the mask of “I have it all together nothing wrong over here my life is perfect so please just go away and stop looking at me”
I’m going to state the obvious here. You don’t know me. I don’t know you. I mean, the little that you do know of me is either from a podcast you may have heard, or maybe a friend told you about this Indian chick named Vasavi, maybe you just keep getting my emails (I love to write what can I say?) or maybe you and I are connected on my Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
But honestly, do you REALLY know me aside from what I have already shared? And do I REALLY know you?
No. You don’t And no, I don’t.
I’m going to share 23 things with you that you probably never knew about me. And then once I do that, I’m going to invite you to come get to know me so I can get to know you.
Here goes (in no particular order):
1. I am extremely confident when it comes to pitching myself to media outlets. Doesn’t matter how big or small. I’m also very nervous that they will say No. My confidence always wins.
2. I used to love accolade and felt crappy when I received criticism. As of late neither affect me.
3. I talk out loud any time I am alone. The conversation is always between my ego and my Higher Self. Something about the sound of my own voice soothes me.
4. I save all of my mother’s and father’s voicemails. I get massive anxiety thinking about the day they won’t pick up my phone call. So I save their voicemails just in case.
5. I have a fear of uncertainty so much so that at a very young age I decided I didn’t want to have children.
6. I recently got prescribed ADHD medication and it is by far the best decision I have ever made. YEY for Adderall.
7. Whenever I eat something hot in temperature, I always have to have something cold along with it.
8. When I go to Indian restaurants I unabashedly eat with my hands because that is the BEST way to eat it.
9. When it comes to the “big stuff” I act fairly quick when making decisions. However, ask me what I want to eat tonight and I will go down the rabbit hole of indecisiveness.
10. I think 99.9% of what people share/sell online is total bullshit.
11. I make drip coffee with half and half every morning. No sugar.
12. I massage my Golden Retriever, Laney’s ears with coconut oil once a week.
13. There are only three people in this world that can make me cry at the drop of a hat- my mother, father, and ex-husband Ashish.
14. It’s taken me 33 years to feel comfortable in my own skin.
15. I secretly gloat when I see all the girls from middle school that tortured me doing the sameeee old bullshit.
16. I am fueled by proving myself wrong.
17. I cook in complete silence. And, I find a way to use every single piece of the vegetable that I am using.
18. I’m detached when it comes to whether people like me or not. You like me? Awesome. You can’t stand me? Awesome. I became this way after this past year. I hated myself so much and eventually knew I had to start liking myself otherwise nothing was every going to change. When you hate yourself that much and then learn to like yourself, you start caring very little about what other people think of you–because the only opinion of yourself that matters is yours.
19. When I first meet someone, doesn’t matter who they are, what their “status” Is, how much money they make, where they live, their age, etc–my number #1 priority is to have them feel comfortable in my presence and feel like they are being seen and heard. And I do that by being MYSELF.
20. I can smell people’s intentions from a mile away.
21. I’ve had to learn the hard way how to have boundaries. And while I’m getting better and better at it (thanks to my therapist Linda), I still feel bad when I have to say No. But that doesn’t stop me from saying No
22. I still get scared when I am being transparent and being my “real self.” But you know what? I would rather be dead (yes, DEAD) then walk the face of the Earth wearing a mask and feeling all uncomfortable walking on eggshells and shit, know what I mean?
23. I once upon a time got so angry at my old can opener because I couldn’t open up a can of beans that I smashed it into my counter. And by once upon a time I mean two days ago.
There you have it.
That’s some of me. The things that I would want you to know so you can eventually say, “That Vasavi chick. I’m starting to get to know her better.” Or maybe, “Whoa that Vasavi chick is bat shit crazy.” Either way, now you know.
But of course, that takes time. In the meantime, I would love to hear from YOU a few things that I don’t know. Have them be as “deep” or “surface” as you want them to be.
AND, if you live on the East Coast and want to meet up with me click here. I would love to meet you, eat bagels with you, answer questions about your ideas, life, your business, anything. I’m here to help you get clear and focused and in action.
Post below and let me know a few things about you! I will reply!